STUDENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
If you have an interest in the performing arts and would enjoy working with a great and fun-loving group of people, consider joining our Texas Performing Arts team as a Volunteer Student Usher!
VOLUNTEER STUDENT USHERS
A primary goal at Texas Performing Arts is to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience at our events. Whether taking tickets, handing out programs, greeting incoming patrons or assisting guests in finding their seats, our volunteers are the public face of Texas Performing Arts.
Any current student may be a volunteer student usher. To remain an active usher, students must:
• Participate in the training session given at the beginning of each long semester
• Volunteer for a minimum of nine (9) events per season
• Show up on time and with a smile
• Hands-on experience working at a world-class arts organization
• Chance to see performances when working a shift
• Opportunity to meet other undergraduate and graduate students as well as Austin residents with an interest in the arts.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER!
We are currently accepting applications for new student volunteers. Student Usher Interviews will occur the week of September 10-14, and a mandatory Training Session will occur the following week. For all who are interested, please fill out the application, and indicate that you are a UT student.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512.471.8207 if you have any additional questions.